Seiten

CRISIS 2021 canceled...

Yesterday I talked to  a friend on the phone who told me that he is really looking forward to the CRISIS in Antwerp to be inspired again. This morning I checked their website only to find that the 2021 event has been canceled. Due to the Covid-19 uncertainties it is still not possible.

And the President of the Antwerp Tin Soldiers Club wrote what I said very often before : 

"On top of that the Brexit situation with more than 50% of the traders that are usually attending no longer able to do so without huge customs problems doesn't make it any easier either. "

Let's face the reality : The CRISIS, as we used to know it, is history.

When it comes back - and it will, I am sure - it will be much smaller.

2 comments:

  1. The news about the cancellation has been around for some time now. But indeed, as you say, Brexit might be the real problem in the long term. On the other hand, it can be an opportunity to discover non-UK traders and discover all sorts of new product and new ranges.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Unfortunately I didn't notice the cancellation, but I expected it.

      You are right, this may be the moment to look for non-UK traders and/or other products. You have said that before and today I decided to give this advice a try.

      But first I must confess that as a home caster with a big - and partly still not used - mould collection, a big pile of other wargaming stuff to work on and a long project list I am "out of need". If we look realistic at it.

      But I found the idea of actively "choosing" suppliers to be an interesting task.

      It took me less than ten minutes to decide that at the moment there are two miniature companies / retailers that offer everything I may need in historical, fantasy, or science fiction games. One local, one in another EU country. I met both owners at conventions and they are nice guys who are very active in the hobby. Maybe I can focus on their ranges. And the search is over.(?)

      Delete