Seiten

Building a Modular Gaming Table - Part 4/Day 1 - Operation: Occupy Dinner Table

Here we go. First of all I covered the table to protect it and then place on it all the stuff and tools I need. Don't ask me why, I felt that I had to do it.



Some old hills are good enough to stay but I had to adapt them to the grass mats I recently bought.


The first board: I decided to make an 'open space' first since this is the most difficult part to make. May sound strange, but distinctive features are easier to design. I opted to make a board with raised and lowered surface and that has to be completely covered with the grass mat. That includes most of the problems of my great plan...


Filling the frame with cardboard.


Applying the filler to the board.

And let it dry. 


Finally I covered it with the grass mat. Most of the wrinkles were gone when the wood glue dried. What looks like small hills here is in fact only a few millimetres high.

So far for the first day.

What I have learned :

  1. Be more precise when sawing the pieces for the wooden frame. It's too much work getting rid of little excesses.

  2. Fill the borders correctly. On this board the wooden frame is partially visible under the grass mat.

  3. Forming the landscape surface is fun.



No comments:

Post a Comment