Seiten

Building a Modular Gaming Table - Part 17 / Day 14 - Mission accomplished... for the moment

Forty-five boards are done and three more street boards are nearly ready. All in all I made 48 pieces in 14 days. Not enough for all the gaming situations but a usable amount to start with.


And as we can see : I repainted the frame.






The boards stored in a cabinet. They don't need very much space. If I dedicate another shelf to the boards I can store about 100 of them without any problem .

Conclusion and Observations

  1. The boards are fine, but I'm not really happy with the size of the table frame. I don't like the length-to-width ratio. A side that is to narrow has a too strong influence on all strategic movements or dispositions. So I'm going to build a bigger frame. I am thinking of a table that is easy to assemble, a structure with foldable legs. Someday.

  2. Mixing railroad landscaping pieces with plastic plants does not look right. I have to go with the railroad stuff and maybe change or paint some of the plastic stuff if I want to use it.

  3. Having put some houses on this table it somehow struck me : We often have the impression that smaller houses fit the picture on a wargaming table better than the ones that have the 'correct' size (if ever). Magically smaller looks better. Suddenly I saw the reason. Our mind does not compare the size of the miniatures to the houses, it sees big houses dominating the scenery on a too small table. Is this an argument for smaller houses or a bigger tables?


No comments:

Post a Comment