Seiten

Building a Modular Gaming Table - Part 11 / Day 8 - A stream of rivers

The rivers are getting wet today.  The one mistake I made is: some of them already have the grass mat on the embankment. And this makes covering the river with gloss varnish in the end dangerous since there are always some fibers falling of.


Step 1: Paint "Dark Sky" with a one inch brush on the river in the same direction that the water flows. All over the surface by the way, this here is not ready


Step 2 : Adding structure with a little bit of "Ultramarine Blue".


Step 3: And a "Angel Green" here and there. Very wet and thin. You can repeat all three steps if something does not look 'right'.


Finally, the water is coated with gloss varnish. I use a varnish from an art supply store that won't become yellow over time. (Company : KREUL)

And I cover the pieces with cardboard so that they don't collect so much dust.

When I poured the resin into the pond and the lakes I saw again that the previous painting was probably nearly unnecessary because the painted structures almost disappeared.

As with the first swamp - I forgot to describe it back then - I added a few drops of blue and green ink into the resin and stirred it up with a brush to form some lighter or darker areas.








I covered them with cardboard after pouring the resin into the pits and put it away for the long drying process. (min. 24h)



No comments:

Post a Comment