Seiten

Prince August Romans - Casting report

The moulds  6002 and 7002 make the beginning.


Mould no. 6002. As always, I cut air some air vents. Unfortunately, I haven't had the best metal in my melter. The figures could be more detailed. With the next moulds, I have to make sure that I use the Prince August modelmetal again. The models are very detailed, it's a shame not to make them as good as possible.

Mould no. 7002. I also manipulated this mould a bit, but not that much. As always, there are narrow areas like weapons or arms that tend not to come out correct. However, this form is easier to cast than the previous Romans. For both, however, the following applies: the shields have to be made twice as often. So let the mould cool down every now and then!

And this is the result of the first casting session: 24 Romans and 16 tribesmen. Means one third of the planned legionaries and a quarter of the Germans. 

1 comment:

  1. So much potential here, looking forward to seeing their journey towards the battlefield...

    ReplyDelete